Getting specialist advice

    This section includes links to other sources of information and advice. 

    • For general housing advice – speak to your local authority. Links to all council websites can be found on the Scottish Government website.
    • Housing Options Scotland – provide advice and support for older people, disabled people and members of the armed forced community to find the right home to suit their needs. 
    • Under One Roof – provide information and advice for tenement flat owners to help with maintenance and improvements.  
    • Home Energy Scotland – provide impartial advice on energy savings and funding available for home improvements. 
    • Age Scotland – provide free information and advice for older people and can help to organise friendships and local community groups. 
    • Care and Repair Scotland – provide information and support to help homeowners carry out improvements and adaptations.